Harley-Davidson’s Icons Collection of unique, limited-edition motorcycles is growing with the release of the El Diablo, Spanish for The Devil.
Harley says of the bike, ‘In a nod to an American West Coast custom styling trend, the Low Rider El Diablo model combines lean performance and sport-touring versatility with a stunning panelled hand applied paint scheme and the sonic power of Harley-Davidson Audio powered by Rockford Fosgate’.
“The Low Rider El Diablo is a modern expression of the iconic 1983 Harley-Davidson FXRT and a representation of the creative times it was born in,” said Brad Richards, Vice President of Design and Creative Director – Motorcycles Harley-Davidson. “It embodies the spirit of counterculture in Southern California in the ‘80s in a contemporary package that features meticulously crafted custom paint, including pinstripe trajectories that nod directly to those of the original FXRT.”
Low Rider El Diablo Model
With its special paint, fairing and saddlebags this is a premium Harley-Davidson sports-tourer. Featuring the 117 cubic inch Milwaukee-Eight engine and a limited production run of just 1500 units world-wide, the El Diablo is expected to sell out quickly. In Australia it will be priced at $39,995 and will be available in Spring 2022.
More from the press release:
Artistry In Motion
The Harley-Davidson Low Rider ST motorcycle serves as the foundation of the Low Rider El Diablo model. The limited-production Low Rider El Diablo model transforms the look of the Low Rider ST model with the addition of a detailed paint scheme applied by Gunslinger Custom Paint. The paint scheme begins with a base of El Diablo Bright Red and a second pass of Bright Red Sunglo. The red pinstripes are masked off, and a layer of El Diablo Dark Red and Dark Red Pearl is faded around the panel shapes to add depth. After masking, a layer of El Diablo Dark Red Metallic is applied to surround the El Diablo Bright Red colour, with a fade effect where the colours meet to add depth. When the masking is removed El Diablo Bright Red pinstripes are revealed on the saddlebags, tank sides, fenders, and fairing. Pale Gold pinstriping is then hand-applied within the El Diablo Bright Red panels. The El Diablo Bright Red Sunglo is formulated with a tinted clear element to create a “candy” effect.
Black finishes on the powertrain, front end and exhaust highlight the El Diablo paint scheme. Radiate cast-aluminium wheels are finished in contrasting Matte Dark Bronze.
The Low Rider El Diablo motorcycle paint is hand-applied by the artisans at Gunslinger Custom Paint in Golden, Colo. The Gunslinger roster of nationally-known painters, designers, artists and manufacturing team leaders has decades of experience as a supplier of custom-painted components for Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle OperationsTM motorcycles and Limited Edition paint sets.
The Low Rider El Diablo model features factory-installed audio designed for outstanding performance and an ideal fit within the fairing. A powerful, intelligent amplifier with digital signal processing (DSP) technology developed jointly by Harley-Davidson and Rockford Fosgate is engineered to perform in the demanding motorcycle environment. The system connects to a mobile device via Bluetooth to play stored or streaming audio through a pair of built-in two- way speakers.
• Speakers include a pair of 5.25-inch woofers and two remote tweeters for great audio performance.
• Bluetooth 4.2 provides a strong wireless connection to most devices with minimal compression for outstanding sound quality.
• A compact 250-watt amplifier mounted within the fairing delivers crisp, clear sound quality at any volume.
• Connectivity with the Harley-Davidson Audio powered by Rockford Fosgate mobile app offers unique features like Automatic Volume Control (AVC) that allows hands-free volume control based on vehicle speed, adjustable 7-Band EQ, firmware updating, and step-by-step system configurator.
Low Rider El Diablo Model Key Features
• Frame-mounted fairing shape is inspired by the classic FXRT Sport Glide model fairing, favoured by West Coast customisers.
• Aerodynamic performance was developed through CFD (computational fluid dynamics) analysis and real-world testing.
A single centre and Softail triple splitstream vents reduce rider head buffeting at highway speeds.
• A 6-inch high windshield has a Dark Smoke tint. o Single 5.75-inch LED headlamp.
• The Milwaukee-Eight 117 V-Twin engine with precision oil/air cooling is the pinnacle of torque and displacement from a factory-installed, regular-production Harley-Davidson powertrain. This engine delivers outstanding performance and instant bragging rights on the street.
• 117 cubic inch displacement.
• 167 Nm (123 ft. lbs.) of torque at 3500 RPM
• High-performance camshaft is matched to displacement and air flow intended to
• High-performance, tuned Heavy Breather intake with forward-facing exposed
filter element flows more air into the engine to produce exciting mid-range
torque, and gives the motorcycle added hot rod presence.
• High-performance 2-into-2 offset shotgun exhaust is tuned to provide smooth
and broad mid-range torque while producing a stirring tone.
• Dual counter-balancers help reduce primary vibration at idle for improved rider
• Dealer-installed Screamin’ Eagle Performance Parts Stage Upgrades from Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Parts & Accessories are available to boost engine performance even further.
• Lockable clamshell saddlebags can be removed in seconds with an internal quick-release mechanism, converting the bike from sport-touring to urban cruising mode. (Combined saddlebag capacity is 1.9 cubic feet/53.8 liters).
• Tall monoshock suspension raises the rear of the motorcycle to improve ride comfort and increase lean angle.
• Inverted 43mm forks.
• Dual front disc brakes.
• Premium Michelin Scorcher 31 tires (Front 110/90B19, Rear 180/70B16) enhance ride
and handling performance.
• Digital “tech gauge” instrumentation in the handlebar riser presents a stripped-down
“no gauges” look.
• A deep solo seat helps hold rider in place during aggressive acceleration and cornering.
• One-inch-diameter moto handlebar mounted on four-inch pull-back risers is a West
Coast style element that puts the rider in an aggressive posture on the bike.
• Low-profile tank console.
• Bright LED brake/tail lamps.
• USB charging port.
• Standard Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) and Cruise Control.
Learn more about the Harley-Davidson Icons Collection