Indian is evolving its motorcycle range for 2022 with new technology, and accessories available.
Bluetooth connectivity is being expanded and faster boot-up times should reduce frustration with getting systems up and running.
It’s no surprise with Euro5 requirements and COVID-19 shutdowns the changes for 2022 don’t appear ground-breaking but rather targeted at addressing areas which could be improved, based on rider feedback.
Style has been refined, with most models now available in new colours.
“Rider feedback continues to be at the forefront of what drives refinements and enhancements for our model year offerings, and that is once again the case for 2022 with a host of new ride-enhancing technology and accessories across the lineup,” said Mike Dougherty, President for Indian Motorcycle. “The introduction of the reimagined Indian Chief in 2021 rounded out a truly comprehensive lineup of cruisers, baggers, and touring models, and with the help of customer feedback, we aim to consistently enhance and improve the lineup with new technology and wider-ranging accessory options like these for 2022.”
From the press release:
2022 Updated Technology
To enhance the rider experience, Indian Motorcycle is introducing refinements to Ride Command. New software updates include expanded Bluetooth® device compatibility and a faster load time when booting up the display. The new updates are standard on all 2022 Ride Command-equipped models, and available as a software update for 2020 and 2021 models.
Challenger Traction Control
After listening to valuable rider feedback, all 2022 Indian Challenger models feature a retuned traction control for a smoother feel once traction control is engaged.
Thunderstroke and Power Plus Models
Indian Motorcycle Thunderstroke and Power Plus-equipped motorcycles range from baggers to touring models – each offering heritage-inspired design or blacked-out, modern style. Air-cooled baggers and touring models, including Springfield, Chieftain and Roadmaster lineups, pack the Thunderstroke motor, while Challenger models deliver a class-leading 122 horsepower with the liquid-cooled Power Plus engine. With high-displacement motors, Indian Motorcycle bagger and touring models were engineered to dominate the road. Saddlebags and the Roadmaster tour trunk provide plenty of storage for riding gear and cargo, while wind protection, comfortable ergonomics, floorboards, amenities, and a comfortable two-up seat make these models the ultimate long-distance machines.
This year’s 2022 bagger and touring lineup receive fresh new paint colours across each lineup. Colours like Quartz Gray on the Chieftain Dark Horse and the all-new Spirit Blue over Black Metallic on the Challenger Limited add to each bike’s attitude.
Indian Motorcycle has released its Spirit Lake Luggage Collection to accommodate additional storage needs on longer rides, including a Rack Bag, Day Bag, and Touring Bag. Each piece features a shoulder strap for convenient carrying off the bike and attaches securely to luggage racks, sissy bars, or the rear of the passenger backrest. Each piece is sold separately but designed as a cohesive collection.
In addition, bagger and touring riders can add personalised style and visibility to other motorists with all-new rear LED saddlebag lights. Designed to integrate with the standard lighting seamlessly, these Pathfinder Auxiliary LED Saddlebag Lights do not require any drilling but feature a convenient peel-and-stick adhesive for easy and quick install.
New for 2022, Indian Challenger riders can add wind protection with the addition of Hard Lower Fairings. Designed specifically for Challenger models, the Hard Lower Fairings are compatible with all 2020-2022 model year offerings. Riders also have the option to add PowerBand Audio or additional storage compartments within the Hard Lower Fairings.
Pricing & Paint
● Springfield: Starting at $36,495, available in Maroon Metallic over Crimson Metallic, and Black Metallic over Dirt Track Tan
● Springfield Dark Horse: Starting at $35,995, available in Black Smoke, and the all-new Quartz Grey
● Chieftain Dark Horse: Starting at $39,495, available in Black Smoke, Ruby Smoke, and an all- new Quartz Grey
● Chieftain Limited: Starting at $39,995, available in two new colourways, including Silver Quartz Metallic, Deepwater Metallic
● Challenger Dark Horse: Starting at $40,495, available in Black Smoke, Bronze Smoke, and an all-new Indy Red over Black Metallic
● Challenger Limited: Starting at $40,995, available in Black Metallic, and two new colourways, including Maroon Metallic, Spirit Blue over Black Metallic
● Roadmaster: Starting at $43,995, available in Black Metallic, and Maroon Metallic over Crimson Metallic
● Roadmaster Dark Horse: Starting at $42,495, available in Black Smoke, and two new colourways, including Polished Bronze, and Silver Quartz Smoke
● Roadmaster Limited: Starting at $42,995, available in Black Azure Crystal, Crimson Metallic
Indian Scout Lineup
This year’s 2022 Scout lineup receives a new refresh with paint colours across the lineup – further enhancing the iconic appearance and lines of the bike. Colours like Spirit Blue Metallic on the Scout Bobber Twenty add to the modern design and low profile look that riders love with Scout Bobber models.
Building upon an already robust selection of Scout accessories, Indian Motorcycle has introduced several new accessories to further enhance comfort, style and performance. Indian Motorcycle has released its Syndicate Two-Up Seat and Syndicate Low Profile Passenger Backrest to enhance comfort while riding two-up. New performance accessories include Adjustable Piggyback Rear Suspension and an Analog Tachometer, while Scout Bobber riders can add personal style with Indian Motorcycle’s new Smoked Turn Signals.
In addition, Indian Motorcycle has introduced a new 5.75-inch Pathfinder Adaptive LED Headlight available for all Scout models. Like its seven-inch big brother, the Scout’s Pathfinder Adaptive Headlight delivers unmatched illumination by sensing the bike’s lean angle and activating individual LED beams to provide unprecedented visibility.
Pricing & Paint
● Scout: Starting at $21,495, available in Black Metallic, White Smoke, and two new colours, including Maroon Metallic, Silver Quartz Metallic over Black Metallic
● Scout Bobber: Starting at $20,495, available in Black Smoke, Black Metallic, Alumina Jade Smoke, Maroon Metallic Smoke, and two new colours, including Silver Quartz Smoke and Titanium Metallic
● Scout Bobber Twenty: Starting at $21,995, available in Black Metallic, Stealth Grey, and two new colours, including Silver Quartz Smoke, and Spirit Blue Metallic