BMW revealed its new 2017 R1200GS, with two new versions in the model line-up.
A base model R1200 GS will be available, along with three package options: Dynamic, Comfort and Touring. The range has also been extended with the Rallye and Exclusive variants joining the line-up.
The existing R1200 GS Adventure continues in 2016, but a full model update isn’t expected until 2018.
2017 BMW R 1200 GS highlights:
- Boxer engine with new catalytic converter and adapted data status to meet EU4 requirements and an unchanged output of 92kW (125hp) at 7750 rpm.
- New appearance with visually enhanced robustness.
- More marked styling and attractive colour variants.
- Even more ergonomics options with numerous seat heights and seat variants.
- Significantly wider spread of model variations in relation to the basic version, from the refined R 1200 GS Exclusive through to the R1200 GS Rallye for riders with off-road aspirations.
- R1200 GS Rallye – new version with additional product substance: Rallye seat, sports windshield, radiator and frame guard, wide enduro footrests and cross-spoke wheels as well as a professional sports suspension and optional studded tyres.
- Innovative functions provided by the latest generation of Dynamic ESA: automatic damping mode and automatic self-levelling suspension for a new riding experience.
- Riding Modes Pro with DTC, Hill Start Control and the new customisable modes Modi Dynamic Pro and Enduro Pro as optional equipment items ex works.
- New optional accessories such as cylinder protection bracket, topcase for two helmets and off-road protection parts as well as radiator guard and frame guard.