That iconic spy, James Bond, is at it again, this time in No Time to Die, and he’ll be riding a Triumph Scrambler.
What’s this, the 400th or so James Bond film? Don’t the bad guys know who he is yet. No matter, the explosions are good and the chases usually good (although I hate it when the road bikes develop an extra 9 inches of suspension travel when they leap off a bridge).
Maybe that won’t be necessary on the Scrambler, even I’ve had one of those airborne, and I’m no stuntman.Anyway, enough about me, what about the bike? Here’s what Triumph is saying:
• Beautiful and unique James Bond design scheme
o Premium 007 bodywork, including:
• Beautiful exhaust number board and lower side panel finisher with 007 branding.
• Premium real leather seat with embroidered logo.
• Unique Bond TFT instrument startup screen.
• Distinctive 007 paint scheme inspired by the bike ridden by James Bond in the twenty-fifth film.
• Blacked-out finishes, including:
• Black anodized rear and high-level front mudguard.
• Elegant black forks.
• High-value engine badges with gold accents.
• Black powder coated swingarm and sprocket cover.
• Black anodized grab rail, sump guard and infills.
• Beautiful features and details, including:
• Fog lights with unique black anodized shrouds.
• Arrow silencer with carbon fiber end caps.
• Machined front brake reservoir.
• Black rear wheel adjusters.
• Stainless steel headlight grille.
• Ultra-rare limited edition
• 250 worldwide production.
• Each with a numbered edition plaque and unique badging.
• Special Bond handover pack.
• All of the Scrambler 1200 XE exceptional performance & capability
• Thrilling twin-powered performance – 89 HP @ 7,400 rpm & 81.1 LB-FT @ 3,950 rpm
• Category-dominating capability
• Class-leading state-of-the-art technology, specification and equipment
• Breathtaking Scrambler style
The new Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition is available to order in markets around the world from today. Australia will be receiving very limited numbers currently due to arrive in late July. Pricing will be confirmed closer to arrival.
If you want one, order it now. Could be a collectable. Maybe.